Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sushi and Fried Ice Cream


Went out for sushi today with my friend Liz (her fiance' and my dear friend, Jon, joined from work, too) at my favourite restaurant. It's a Japanese place that opened in my little city this past summer and the sushi there is the best I've had. I love the guy who makes it, too. Everyone there is just wonderful. I told them Liz and I were having lunch for my birthday today and at the end of the meal they came out banging a drum with a plate of fried ice cream for me. I didn't expect that. It was a wonderful surprise. That place makes me so happy.

I am calling my goal for today accomplished but I would have liked to have gotten more of it done if I'm honest with myself. I did most of the dishes and cleared the counters. I'll have a little to finish up tomorrow but as long as I actually do it, that's fine.

Tomorrow I am going to focus on the living room and maybe (probably) laundry.

Turning 34 has not been the most fun in the world, just because the trolls in my brain have decided that the shift from "early 30s to mid 30s" is not ok with them. I apparently haven't accomplished nearly enough with my life and am not in the place I am supposed to be, according to them. Last night was a little rough but things are evening out. I am moving forward right now, albeit slowly, but I am moving. I'm not entirely stagnant and I need to give myself credit for that. The trolls in my head do, too.

I made it past the 33rd floor. Does that mean I'm on the roof, now, then? Maybe. So where do I go from here. Looks like the question of the year from last year might be this year's question after all...




No comments:

Post a Comment