Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Case of the Not So Non Sequiturs.

It was subzero most of the morning. As I sit down in the "office" to type this, I'm thinking about opening the window to cool it off some. My cat and my spouse hate me because I keep the house so cold, as it is. If the thermostat is set higher than 68° I get sick. I have to have a fan blowing straight on my face at night or I get sick.Temperature and my body have a strange relationship. I generally hate winter because of snow, not because it's cold.  I'd prefer it chilly to hot, any day. Unfortunately, I have the balance of two legged table, which is to say none at all. I am just not able to get my footing on slick terrain. I could be wearing spikes and still not be able to get any traction. When it snows I stay inside so I don't fall down. It has little to do with the temperature, though no one likes it when air hurts their face. It probably doesn't help temperature regulation, though, that when it's cold I tend to dress for it even when I'll be spending the whole day inside. Today, for instance, I'm wearing a sweater over a long sleeve shirt and wondering why I have the urge to open the window and let in the 12° air.

I wish I hadn't made these kale chips too salty or they'd be delicious. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to eat any more of them. They're starting to burn my mouth. Whoops.

Today's task was deal with the overflowing trash pile in the kitchen and clean out the fridge and cupboards. Mission Accomplished, but as it's 12°, I haven't made it outside to the bin. I may have if it wasn't for the snow. Would you look at that, I opened this post with a ramble that is actually relevant to the content of the rest of the post. We'll pretend that was absolutely on purpose.

Someone please move these kale chips away from me so I won't continue to try to eat them. They are too salty for human consumption and I just keep reaching over and picking one up then remembering that fact and putting it back down. The anticipation of yummy food and then the let down of realizing not-so-much is disheartening to the tastes buds and to the tummy. Oh look, the remnenants of a Ghirardelli Sea-Salt Soiree. That makes it all better. Taste buds and tummy are appeased.

One of my goals this year is to be more aware of what I'm putting in my body and to put less things into it that are really just pretty poisons that comes in yummy flavours. My body is imploring me to do so and I really need to start paying attention before it kills me. I'm just shy of 34. I'd like to have this body in a stable state for many years to come and atrocious eating habits are a serious hindrance to that reality. I enjoy food very much so I should make an effort to eat more of it that is real. The real stuff really is amazing. Why do we need all this poison to cover it up? We don't. I don't want to put it in my body any more. I'll talk on that more as I move forward, I'm sure, just rambling about it now because of the kale chip failure. Next time they will be better.

I think I'll make poor choices for fake people for a while and give myself a break. I'm coming, my Simmies!

No comments:

Post a Comment