Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sunday Sacrifice

I've been thinking about setting up some theme days here to give me more motivation to write regularly and to help give people something to become invested in as they follow me on my journey. As with everything here, it's definitely something I want to do for me, but I like the idea of the things I do helping others become more blissful in their own lives. I'm hoping to push that goal forward a little while helping myself reach some personal goals as well.

The first theme day I'm going implement is Sunday Sacrifice. Sunday Sacrifice stems from the desire to live more simply mixed with one part the need to declutter my surroundings and one part the desire to disburse the things I have and don't want or need to others who may. The sad fact is that I just have too much stuff. I live in a two bedroom townhouse style apartment with my spouse and my cat and it is filled to the brim with stuff. We just keep acquiring stuff on top of the stuff, too. We're not exactly hoarders (yet) but it's definitely getting out of hand. I'm running out of places to store things. I brought a lot of stuff into this marriage, too, and it's time to give a good hard look to what I actually want and need and what is just taking up space.

One serious problem I have is laundry management and I realized this past Sunday that this is because I just have way too many clothes. I started thinking about this Saturday, actually, and when I mentioned the idea of Sunday Sacrifice as a theme day to my spouse they said we should both start with clothes before I could even suggest it. Either we're just that much on the same wave length after six years of marriage, or its really that much of a problem. I think there's a lot to be said for both of those, really. So, that's this weeks task and what I've been working on today. I have almost two bags ready to go to the charity shop, on top of the bag I found waiting in the closet this morning all ready to go. I also found the bag of sweaters I've been meaning to wash which will be nice because I've been wondering where all my sweaters were! 

Another theme day I'm thinking about implementing is either Meditation Monday or Mid-week Meditations. I'd like to scour the web for good guided meditations or meditation techniques and write about my experiences with them. I've also been eyeing the book on Tarot Journalling I picked up for like a dollar when Half Price Books clearanced a huge part of their Tarot section a couple of years ago, so that might turn into a theme day, as well. I've also been thinking about a crafty post a week, too. Do you have ideas for theme days that might fit in well with the feel of this blog? If you have ideas I'd love to hear them.



No comments:

Post a Comment