Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I'll be over here sorting through them...

If you've followed this blog from the beginning, which isn't hard since I haven't used it as much as intended, then you might remember that the second entry was a little strange. It talked about a dream that a friend had about me once in which I was standing on top of a building with 33 floors. At the time, I was afraid it was my "croak dream" (ala Adventure Time --The cosmic owl taking the form of an otter for some reason in this particular dream.) Today I was talking to that same friend about the fact we're both at the ages we are and looking for our places in the world. Suddenly, I saw that dream in a whole new light. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

The building does not signify my life span, but it does signify my place in time at this moment. I've gotten to the 33rd floor of this building of life and it turns out it's the roof. Where do I go from there? Where do I go from here? This is the place I am at in my life. I have reached the 33rd floor and there are no more floors in this building. I've followed this course as far as it will go. This is its logical termination. That doesn't mean I'm going to die. Maybe it means I just need to find a new way to live. Maybe there's a hint in all these bricks...

No comments:

Post a Comment